BIRD 3.0alpha2

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch
Sun May 14 13:33:08 CEST 2023

Hello everyone,

below you find an initial version of a Dockerfile allowing to build
images for bird directly from the git repository.

It can be used as follows:

VERSION=v2.0.12
docker build  -t docker-bird:$VERSION --build-arg VERSION=$VERSION .

Or if you want to (re-)build the images for some older versions:

for VERSION in v2.0.10 v2.0.11 v2.0.12 v3.0-alpha2; do
    docker build -t docker-bird:$VERSION --build-arg VERSION=$VERSION .;
done

And then you can run all the different birds in different versions:

for VERSION in v2.0.12 v2.0.10 v2.0.11 v3.0-alpha2; do
    docker run -ti docker-bird:$VERSION --version;
done
BIRD version v2.0.12
BIRD version 2.0.10-0-gb867c798
BIRD version v2.0.11
BIRD version v3.0-alpha2

I chose to use alpine as the target, because it's small and what we use everyday,
adjusting the dockerfile for glibc/debian or similar should be easy.
If hosting this officially I suggest the usual convention of providing -alpine and -debian
based tags.

I haven taken the liberty to push the generated images to harbor.k8s.ungleich.ch
for the moment to make them available for anyone, thus you can run above images directly
using:

for VERSION in v2.0.10 v2.0.11 v2.0.12 v3.0-alpha2; do
    docker run -ti harbor.k8s.ungleich.ch/ungleich-public/bird:${VERSION}-alpine --version
done

Maria/Ondrej, are you interested to build/host these images as official images?

Best regards,

Nico

p.s.: I used alpine 3.18.0 to avoid CVEs present in 3.17 from libcrypto 3.0.7