BIRD 2.14

Robert Scheck bird at robert-scheck.de
Sun Oct 8 21:40:24 CEST 2023

On Sat, 07 Oct 2023, Ondrej Filip wrote:
> Version 2.14
>   o MPLS subsystem
>   o L3VPN: BGP/MPLS VPNs (RFC 4364)
>   o BGP: Access to unknown route attributes
>   o RAdv: Custom options
>   o Babel: RTT metric extension
>   o BMP: Refactored route monitoring
>   o BMP: Multiple instances of BMP protocol
>   o BMP: Both pre-policy and post-policy monitoring
>   o Experimental route aggregation
>   o Filter: Method framework
>   o Filter: Functions have return type statements
>   o Filter: New bytestring data type
>   o Kernel: Option to learn kernel routes
>   o Many bugfixes and improvements

Unfortunately, building BIRD 2.14 on CentOS/RHEL 7 fails like this:

> sysdep/linux/netlink.c: In function 'rta_get_via':
> sysdep/linux/netlink.c:499:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct rtvia'
>    switch(v->rtvia_family) {
>            ^~

While I assume that the kernel in CentOS/RHEL 7 is simply too old to
support the desired functionality in BIRD, is at least possible to have
the change #ifdef'ed (or so), that it builds without the new feature?

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/work/tasks/7281/107237281/build.log
contains the full build log for EPEL in case it helps somehow.

Regards,
  Robert