BIRD 2.14

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Sun Oct 8 22:18:24 CEST 2023

Hello Robert,

On 2023-10-08 21:40, Robert Scheck wrote:
> Unfortunately, building BIRD 2.14 on CentOS/RHEL 7 fails like this:
>
>> sysdep/linux/netlink.c: In function 'rta_get_via':
>> sysdep/linux/netlink.c:499:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct rtvia'
>>     switch(v->rtvia_family) {
>>             ^~
> While I assume that the kernel in CentOS/RHEL 7 is simply too old to
> support the desired functionality in BIRD, is at least possible to have
> the change #ifdef'ed (or so), that it builds without the new feature?

Sorry, support for CentOS / RHEL 7 has been discontinued due to a too
old kernel version and backwards-incompatible Netlink changes. I think
the easiest way would be to add a dependency on a newer kernel, e.g.
kernel-lt which is now afaik 5.4 (supported).

Or you can try to revert commit
d61505b039bf0aa6697e28b2a4e07907c89ba1fb. I can't guarantee it working
out of the box, though.

Rober

--
Maria Matejka (she/her) | BIRD Team Leader | CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.