Transition from BIRD 1 to 2

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Fri Oct 13 17:04:27 CEST 2023

On 10/13/23 16:58, Nico Schottelius wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> Robert Sander <r.sander at heinlein-support.de> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> please help me understand the configuration logic for BIRD2.
>>
>> In BIRD 1 we have a config file common.conf that gets included from
>> bird.conf and bird6.conf. It holds common configuration applicable to
>> both IPv4 and IPv6 like this:
>
> I believe you might be using a side effect of the include (i.e. a config
> snippet being usable in both contexts), that now with only one config
> will not help you anymore.

Yes. For example with the OSPF configuration we only had to define the
interfaces with their weights once and could include that in both
protocol configurations.

Now I have to double that which makes maintenance harder.

Maybe I have to play a little bit more with the include option.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 220009 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin