upgrade from 2.13 to 2.14

Marek Zarychta zarychtam at plan-b.pwste.edu.pl
Thu Feb 8 19:47:31 CET 2024

Dear List,

today, after 299 days of machine uptime I broke 7-months lasting BGP
sessions and upgraded both: FreeBSD and BIRD on our router from
13.2-STABLE to 14.0-STABLE. Now bird2-netlink-2.14 is installed and it
seems to be working fine, though surprising notifications showed up in
the log file:

bird: /usr/local/etc/bird.conf:114:57: Inferring function
check_import_v4 return type from its return value: bool
bird: /usr/local/etc/bird.conf:162:58: Inferring function
check_import_v6 return type from its return value: bool

These lines are respectively:
if (net.len < 8) || (net.len > 24) then return false;
and
if (net.len < 16) || (net.len > 48) then return false;

I believe the warnings are harmless since  "configure check" passes, but
please let me know if anything is wrong with this syntax.

Cheers

--
Marek Zarychta