Doc suggestion - clarifying behaviour when routes are moving between protocols

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Fri Feb 9 11:53:38 CET 2024

Maria Matejka via Bird-users <bird-users at network.cz> writes:

> Hello Mark,
>
> you are having a lot of useful suggestions. There are even more thoughts
> alike yours, regarding documentation. And indeed you are right that our
> documentation is kinda good as a reference manual but it kinda sucks if
> you are a newbie.
>
> The thing is, we have quite a long backlog and some technological debt
> to resolve (see e.g. multithreading or our still-non-existent API), and
> all of these are very time-consuming. Writing good documentation, or
> better to say, creating good paedagogical materials for self-learning,
> is time-consuming as well. And even though we are very much in favor of
> having better documentation, the aforementioned problems have somehow
> higher priority than documentation (money being the main reason).

Have you considered applying for the recently announced Google Season of
Docs? It seems this would be an excellent fit for that programme!

https://opensource.googleblog.com/2024/02/announcing-google-season-of-docs-2024.html

Happy to pitch in to help answer questions such a doc writer may have if
the application is successful! :)

-Toke