BIRD 2.0.4 and protocol RPKI in the config file

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Jul 23 15:53:51 CEST 2019

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 04:29:11PM +0200, Irene Lalioti wrote:
> Hello Maria!
>
> I am coming back to you to just ask you what else we need except for the
> libssh enable in the spec file of bird in the rpm, so that we have the
> RPKI functionality in the 2.0.4.

Hello

You do not really need to explicitly enable it by configure option, it is
autodetected. What you really need is libssh header files during
compilation. You see whether libssh was found and RPKI support was compiled
in from the output of configure:

checking for libssh/libssh.h... yes
BIRD was configured with the following options:
        Routing protocols:	bfd babel bgp mrt ospf perf pipe radv rip rpki static

But if you use --enable-libssh, then configure would fail if there are no
libssh headers.

> With my colleague we tried to build the rpm package after adding the
> enable libssh :
>
> %build
> %configure --prefix=%{_prefix} \
>            --sysconfdir=%{_sysconfdir} \
>            --localstatedir=%{_localstatedir}
>            --enable-libssh

Note that you do not have backslash after --localstatedir option,
so i am not sure whether --enable-libssh option was passed to configure.

> and then we installed it.
>
> Or maybe it is impossible to do it ourselves ? :)

And does it work?